A THAI CHILI SAUCE

 A Thai Chili sauce

     Garden season is almost over what a way to start the winter with the hot Thai Chili sauce. Because my Thai Chili plants comes back every year, I have a over 7 Thai Chili plant that we save from the pot that it grows to.

 

We look for some recipe of the Thai Chili. We found the easier one in the internet. The ingredients are easy to find but of course we adjust it a little bit because of the last-minute decision of not going to the grocery store. I have to use the ingredients that we have in the kitchen. The recipe want's a red Thai Chilis but I have some green ones too so I put some green ones also.

 

The ingredients are:

1.5 oz of Thai Chili 

½ Onion

4 gloves of garlic

3 tbsp of coconut oil

1 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt

1 tbsp of brown sugar

¼ cup of vinegar

¼ cup of water

          I put all together the ingredients in the food processor minus the water. After I am already satisfied of the grind ingredients, I put it in a small pot and boil it in a low heat for 10 minutes.

            After 10 minutes I cover the pot and boil it still in a low heat in 5 minutes. Then I put the water after 5 minutes and let it simmer for another 5 minutes.

          I use a small canning jar for the Thai Chili sauce. After it gets cold I put in the refrigerator to store it.


          Verdict: It taste good especially we like hot sauce/salsa. It has a sweet taste also in it. Credit to pickleplum.com for the inspiration. She said it would last for a month or 6 months if you put it in an air tight glass jar but I don't think it will last a month to us.


0 comments:

Post a Comment